Q & A with Hattie Gilpin
The Proust Questionnaire has its origins in a parlor game popularized by Marcel Proust, the French essayist and novelist, who believed that, in answering these questions, an individual reveals his or her true nature. We thought it would be fun to do this with Hattie to let everyone get to know her. We hope you enjoy! XX
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Surrounded by my friends and loved ones
2. What is your greatest fear? Passing without living
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? I put others before myself - way to much. It is something that I am working on. I cant fill others cup until mine is full.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Dishonesty and hatred
5. Which living person do you most admire? I have two, my mom and dad
6. What is your greatest extravagance? My skin care
7. What is your current state of mind? Determined
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Monetary Success
9. On what occasion do you lie? A surprise party
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? I have completely fallen in love with myself. If you would have asked me this a few years ago, I would have had a few things to say but self love and mental health is something I strongly believe in and work on everyday.
11. Which living person do you most despise? I despise no one -never burn a bridge, just don't cross it often.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man? The ability to listen
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? The ability to support others.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? LIKE and UM
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? My dog, Fields
16. When and where were you happiest? I am happiest when I am on the beach
17. Which talent would you most like to have? Sing .. on tune
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I really wish I could sing on tune and had more rhythmic dance moves..
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Starting my own brand, despite what everyone said
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? My dog
21. Where would you most like to live? On the beach, in a little shack filled of bikini and jewels
22. What is your most treasured possession? My charm bracelet that is made out of my granddads tie pins
23. What is your favorite occupation? Marine Biologist
25. What is your most marked characteristic? My laugh
26. What do you most value in your friends? Honesty, even when you don't want to hear it
27. What is it that you most dislike? Hatred, Ignorance,
28. What is your greatest regret? Being taken for granted, and also saying no to new experiences because I was “tired”
29. How would you like to die? Surrounded by my loved ones
30. What is your motto? “KEEP GOING.”